Sunday, April 09, 2006

That was the trip that was(n't)

 
had a great night out with fellow Rowanettes on Friday - and got to see The Ring - elegant and sophisticated, just like the wearer :0)

Knitting was done, please note Mr India, and even a spot of crochet. The wine consumed had nothing to do with the cancellation of yesterday's trip to The Gate Inn - believe me, nothing as minute as a tiny hangover would've got between me and a meal at t'Gate.

This post could easily have been named 'The Incompetent Knitter'. Brier is at it again. Look There I was, doing what us knitters love best, the seaming at the end, when something was brought kicking and screaming to my attention. Despie lots of care (!) I managed to have one of the fronts longer from armhole to shoulder than it should be. No manner of easing was going to make more than an inch disappear. I couldn't face yet more re-knitting, so I've decided to have myself a Kitchener party. Careful calculation informs me that I need to make 8 rows disappear. I'll be counting carefully, ever so carefully.

Paloma has gone to the frog pond. I just wasn't feeling the love. And only too soon this little imp was whispering in my ear 'That's gonna look like s***' 'Remember Knitter's Rule Number 1 - only knit what you truly love'. So. I listened and soon all that could be heard was rrrrriiiiiiiippppp .

One final thought. Having decided accidentally at last to avail myself of the spell check, why on Earth would anyone dream of replacing 'Knitter's' with 'Janitor's' ? Answers on a postcard.....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi India

Great to see you on Friday night - it all went very quickly! Hopefully we can meet up in June - should go for a Saturday afternoon!

Take Care

Theresa x

5:41 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

Ja-knitters. Hmmm. Getting a bit bilingual, it's going to have mean "yes, knitters!". Thanks for your comment on my blog; a few people have asked me about the blogroll, so I'll write a post on it soon... Of course, that's a fairly blatant attempt to ensure you check back... ;)

5:49 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now India, you naughty knitter, stop trying to use your powers for the bad and steal my silk, I've been to your blog before and I know that you are not short of stash. Move away from the silk...

Thanks for visiting my blog, your comments really made me giggle.

7:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home