Monday, March 20, 2006

As I was saying yesterday

 
Here is my attempt to explain how to knit an Oxenburg scarf: if you click on the picture, a bit of editing should become clear. Now I have figured out how to add text to a picture, I need to work out how to get a bigger text box. One step at a time.

Third day without toothache - didn't think that was possible. Yeehah! I've also had my neck man womanhandled this evening, so hoping for a bit of an improvement there too. £27 and worth every penny, believe me. In my continued bid to improve my health, Mr India and I are going to go for a bit of a walk tonight - and it's longjohn weather, believe me. As longsuffering Mr I will confirm, I don't care how I look, as long as I'm warm.

Don't have any evidence but I have been doing a wee bit more spinning. THe first skein was a bit underplied for what I have in mind, so I'm happier with this result. My aim is to spin enough for a jumper. Might take some time due to other committments which keep getting in the way.

Did I tell you about the latest adventure? Due to start in a couple of weeks - India does Buddhism. Well, to be precise, India will be finding out a little bit more about Buddhism. Maybe it'll make me more of a laid back person. Just maybe

In the meantime, I'm off for a coffee - what do you take in yours?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Okay, pardon my ignorance- what is an Oxenburg scarf, and how do you knit it? x K

10:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that similar to the Orenberg lace that several Chicago Knit bloggers are doing ?
I'm sticking to River just now - will work out some traditional lace patterns when a bit more experienced methinks.
My sister is considering Buddhism - she is viewing it as anger control management (being an NHS nurse, she needs all the help she can get!!)

10:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see the thing on tv on Sunday night about the Buddhist monk from Sri Lanka who has created a temple in a tenement on Maryhill Rd?

11:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home