Wednesday, December 14, 2005

At least my mum's getting a present

 

You know what it's like - that teensy weensy project has been screaming whispering "Knit me, Knit me!" from the corner of the living room, but there are sooooooooooo many other new yarns and designs all demanding some of your time, too. However, I gritted my teeth and, finally, the Jaegar Cream Silk Scarf is finished - well, almost. I've been telling myself that I "....really like it unblocked." Mmm, am I just deluding myself, trying to sneak out of a bit of mind-numbingly boring not too taxing blocking. What d'ya think? Answers on a postcard to....

On the subject of cards, a big Thank YOU to Mhairi B for the card which popped through the door today - I still haven't organised myself enough to send last year's...

Getting a bit carried away - forgot to give you a wee close up of The Scarf. Those discerning lace knittiers amongst us Heather, will notice that it is Feather and Fan.

Posted by Picasa All iin all, I'm quite pleased by it.

I'm always trying to come up with a way to solve the how-the-hell-do-I-store-my-circulars problem. I'm about to try this out.

Any guesses - yep, a mini CD holder. I'm not convinced about it's function as a holder of larger (as in 6mm + needles) but it just might do for the smaller ones.

I've been trying out Picasa as a tool to load my pics - not sure what I think of it yet. It is quicker in some respects, but a bit of a pain in others - time will tell - maybe I can use it to tart up my c***** pics....

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Hiya, scarf looking lovely. Now, I know this is not what you want to hear, but I think I gentle block might bring out the stitch definition a little...
That's how it looks on my screen anyway. Looks like lovely yarn. x K

7:39 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

I know, I know - my head hears, but my heart is ignoring it...Mind you, I have 2 assignments to do, so no doubt a little bit of blocking will soon begin to look rather attractive indeed!

9:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home