Thursday, November 24, 2005

Kitty pics and knitting hell

 
Heyy!!!!!!!!! At last, that gratuitous kitty pic - isn't she a little darling? This pic is actually a bit out of date - well about 18 months, I reckon. She's much darker now. Her Majesty's name is Athyr. As was once said (by whom??) dogs have owners, cats have slaves. Particularly true of Siamese, even more so with this one - my husband is wrapped round each of her velvety paws. So, Athyr is the cute one - here's the elegant one, Isis. Admittedly, not such a good shot. This little lady is a chocolate tabby-point, her sibling being (?merely) a chocolate point. Anyway, back to knitting. Got a fair bit done at home last night -working on a multidirectional scarf for my DH (sneaky pic coming soon - it's for his Christamas, whether he wants it or not) I'm sure he'll wear it - Hell hath no fury like a knitter scorned.... Another WIP - tempted to say'Weeping in Progress'. My knitting has been all to Hell lately. This is a short sleeve, not a hat which it seems to be doing a good enough impersonation of. It's fine, so is it's twin, which I cunningly knat* at the same time (then at least the mistakes are the same), the fronts, plural, are fine - WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE BACK?????? It's been up and down more times than ....I care to think of, and it's still all wrong. Tension. Aptly.Named. By the way, if you do happen to zoom into the knitting pic, you'll notice I did a provisional cast-on - the original one was causing the work to pucker, so I'll pick up and knit a picot edging on a slightly larger pin. Simple, but I like it........Off to do some knitting..........need to study HTML code so I can get some hard breaks instead of dots in here......... *I've always felt that the past tense of 'knit' should be 'knat' - and as this is my blog, it's darn well going to be ....

2 Comments:

Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Well, Heather, I ok'd your comment, but it hasn't appeared.....

2:11 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

That's EXACTLY what I meant!

I'd forgotten that other one ! :0)

7:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home