Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Picture this....

 
For your delectation, or otherwise, have a peep at my first attempt at - A Using my digital camera, B putting the picture into the text. There's more to this digital camera thing than meets the eye. Never mind that I'll never be David Bailey (thankfully that hormone treatment is working...) and my c***** photo fails utterly to convey the subtle intricacy (!) of the design, have you any idea how long it took me to get the pictures within a few miles of where I wanted them ? Anyway, I digress. This first knitted item, modelled by my living room floor, is a Celtic Cap, one of the fine patterns from Girl from Auntie, It's a shame that there can't be 'touchavision' over the web (although I can think of one or two good reasons why NOT to have it) 'cos this yarn is soooooooooo soft. As you will see from the label, some chap up on Orkney has a bunny famr. For those of you who don't want to go that far, you can by it from a friend of mine at K1 Yarns I think it would be fairer to say that Katherine is my dealer - after all, she starts people off for nothing (free knitting lessons) and then before you know it, you're hooked, sneaking into the shop, furtive glances over the shoulder, fondling the yarn in a frenzy before dashing home to add it to your stash. What, it's only me who does that???? Right, I'm off to work out these link-thingies again before my latest fix - will it be that Colinette yarn in hot pinks and oranges or the fudgey Summer Tweed ????

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Your hat looks lovely finished. I can testify to just how soft the yarn is. Perfect for a bracing day out in say, Skye.

9:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi India
Your hat looks great, just what is need for this weather, have fun with your new blog.
Yvette

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home