Thursday, December 01, 2005

Skye - what else ?

 
My pal Kathleen has a penchant for showing fantabulous pictures of places she has been, so being naturally......thrawn, did I hear you say? ....I thought I'd buck the trend by starting with a few dismal ones. - nothing more dismal than the view through a car window at a Crianlarich car park on a dreich day... Things began to improve a bit.... and I think it's safe to say that this is beginning to make up for things!

Anyway, what about KNITTING and other important things. Well, I'm naffed off - no time to knit - AND I've just received this through the post. Now, this wonderful merino loooks really c*** , doesn't it - Sorry, Freyalyn, I di my best with the camera, honest. I don't know if she'll sell me anything else, after she sees this misrepresentation. Honestly , this fibre is gorgeous and an absolute dream to spin. I bought (hushed whisper) 1 whole kilo of it - well, I do have the odd project in mind....Freyalyn kindly (?) sent me a little teaser skein of her Reds colourway - I'll think about posting it when I can do it justice. Tonight I have to finish the fringing for that scarf that I don't want to give away...maybe I'll feel like a Good Person when I've let somebody adopt it. I''m not sure, though...........When will I learn to do hard breaks?

Final thing, here's my first attempt at flower arranging. Stop sniggering - you've no idea how bad I was before - things can only get better......

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Merino-nice; flowers lovely; Wintry Skye- AWESOME!!!

9:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep the car park photo does look just a bit gloomy - but the castle, flowers and roving more than make up for it.
Carol

2:43 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

It is indeed Eilean Donan castle - we passed by at a very opertune time

10:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures of Skye - takes me back to my wonderful honeymoon spent there!

11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home