Monday, December 31, 2007

Shetland Traingle - again

 
My mum gave me some money for my birthday, so of course I was going to spend it on yarn. Three skeins of Jitterbug to be exact, which grew up to be another Sheltand Triangle

This isn't a 'soft as down' shawl, given that it has been knit out of a firm sock yarn, but I am happy with the results. I knit it on 4mm Addi lace and used just over 2 skeins. What you can't see in the picture is the diffence in dyelot, but again, I am happy with it. That's one of the great things about knitting for oneself - I was more than happy about the dyelot difference, but if I was knitting for someone else I probably would not have been.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

It's beautiful! It looks quite big. Is it greenish or blackish?

6:47 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

It's a semisolid green - 'Velvet leaf'.

7:27 pm  
Blogger Flavaknits said...

What a lovely shade , it looks quite delicate, you'd never guess it was sock yarn.

10:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful - and so lovely in the sock yarn too.
carol.

4:04 pm  
Blogger TangledFrog said...

You know this already, but I absolutely love that shawl!

7:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have thought of using sock wool for a shawl but the colours are fantastic - and the pattern is stunning. Clever thing, you!

8:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK on the move, I tried to leave a comment on your Zurich blog but failed!
Hope you settle in quickly, and feel better soon
Carole

4:04 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

I think it looks beautiful - but colinette have been getting a lot of flack by all and sundry. I hear (on the grapevine) there are management difficulties and that CS is not the best...
Anyway - popped over to wish you and yours a Happy New Year.

12:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home