Thursday, November 22, 2007

Failing to keep it all in perspective

 
...the cats, what else????? It's ridiculous, I know it, I tell myself this at least 10 times a day. No one has died. The cats are having a ball. I've come to the conclusion that this is just like the break up of a relationship - wait a minute, it IS the break up of a relationship...

It's true that my 'relationship' with my cats is all in my head - after all, as long as they are warm, dry, fed and treated kindly it matters not to them who is providing the creature comforts. I, meanwhile, have even found myself dreaming of them - you know the kind of dream where they are lost, I find them but then am not allowed to take them home....

So, no matter how much I berate myself, the fact remains - there are 3 cat-shaped holes in my heart which just refuse to close.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Maybe to people without pets it might seem silly - but to those of us with pets, we totally and completely understand.

Don't berate yourself - you'll get through this :)

8:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home