Saturday, November 17, 2007

knitting

 
In time-honoured fashion, instead of getting on with whatneeds to be done, I have been knitting and spinning. Here is the knitting: It's the Hourglass Sweater in my Blue Faced Leicester hanspun - I'm at the exciting, nail-biting stage - will the 178 yds that are left be enough to finish it.....? Fortunately if I reun out, I do have some more fibre left to spin up some more. I'm completely in love with BFL - so soft and squsihy. This yarn looks very homespun is quite slubby. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I am trying to become a much better spinner - I want my next garment to be smoother so that #slubby' is a n option not the default ;0)

I think I will knit this jumper/sweater again but next time I think I will make it longer. I may well do it in the next BFL hanspun - I have ordered some in Natural, and depending upon the exact 'shade' of natural, we'll see what colour it ends up.

The spinning involved the plying of the Crown Mountain fibre that I spun up for Icarus. I decide that I just didn't like it as a singles yarn. Not wanting to Navajo ply, but wanting to maintain the coulours as they are, I spun some Tencel and have plied it together - much netter - pic later once the camera is recharged.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Flavaknits said...

Its' looking like the Tait 'n Style yarn, It will be gorgeous when all done.
It must be hard to give up blue - virtual hugs

2:23 pm  
Blogger David T. Macknet said...

It's just a matter of practice, I'm sure ... and these first few things can be given away for Christmas or something. ;)

6:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home