Thursday, May 24, 2007

Post the 3rd

 
Whew, heavy blogging today!

Thought I'd give a quick health update.

Eye - good, if slightly deflating, news. The problem with my vision is related to something 'fatal' - the ageing process ;0) I'm aware, and have been for some time, that my eyes take a little time to accomodate when I move from sewing/reading to watching TV. What I hadn't appreciated is that this is related to the reading problem. Put quite simply, now that I am no longer 21 (I know, so hard to believe), it takes more effort for my myopic eyes to do what they have always done so well - deal with fine detail and small print. What happens is that when I am tired, my eyes, the left one in particular,just down tools and give up. This makes a lot of sense - the problem doesn't happen all the time, tends to be later in the day and I notice it when my right eye is closed because I am rubbing it...due to tiredness.

Cardiac news - consultant thinks it's SVT. So, it's good to have a diagnosis. The downside (why does there always seem to be one?!) is that I am having some very unpleasant side effects.

BUT, and it is a big 'but', although I was feeling a bit fed-up at the start of the week, I feel better today.

As I keep saying, I'm warm, dry and not being shot at. Perspective. Helps to have some.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its good to get a diagnosis. At least then there is a known treatment plan and you know where you stand.

8:24 pm  
Blogger Roobeedoo said...

Hope you are feeling better today.
Yes, these patterns are easy to follow - there are numbered diagrams telling you what sequence to sew in, and as long as you are familiar with basic garment construction (i.e you know what a hem is and what a seam is, and you have used bias binding) you should be fine!

9:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home