Sunday, May 13, 2007

Say that again.......?

 
So, the sewing continues. At the moment I have a thing for headbands. I know, I can imagine Heather wondering where my mind has gone, and consigning said articles to the bottom of a deep well along with ponchos and other such articles of sartorial elegance (I always wanted to use that phrase).

But I have managed to convince myself that these Heather Bailey bands look realy cool and nothing like an Alice band on a woman old enough to know better. Besides, I only have to wear it, not look at it.

So, this morning saw me taking out the scissors and fabric and in the blink of an eye, there it was:

Viewing myself from every possible angle with the aid of two mirrors, I somewhat uncertainly asked Number Guy if it looked ok.

'It looks great,' says he'Yuo remind me of a 1940s working girl!'.......

Now, I'm not sure how one comes back from that....but what I think he meant was that even though the 'knot' was worn at the back, under my up-turned hair, he was reminded of Rosie the Riveter.

I'm not sure which is the preferable option, now I come to think about it....

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I like it! I have seen so many beautiful cloth headbands I have been wanting to sew one up too. And Rosie the Riveter? Well, she's cool.

8:28 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

If anyone can carry it off, it's you honey. x K
(BTW seems sewing is catching!)

8:35 pm  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

#1 - I'm going to make these.

#2 - I'm now looking for the first opportunity to say 'sartorial elagance'.

5:42 pm  
Blogger Flavaknits said...

It looked great on you - very UN-working girl (No offence to Rosie Riveter!) You looked sartorially elegant!
Glad to hear the Uni thingy went well - well done you.

8:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home