Friday, May 11, 2007

Socks

 
Look, some nutter left their socks in my garden. Oh, it was me....oops.

There's been other strange goings-on. Napkins. Quite a few. With mitred corners. Honestly, I reckon life is far too short for this kind of carry on, but I just can't help myself.
On a more serious note, I'm trying to stop contributing to landfill so I reckon napkins are a better (and more stylish?)option than paper towel. But being green isn't that simple. What about the whole cotton production process. Definitely not green. Re-using would be good. So I bought what looked like a cotton/linen mix in a charity shop, reckoning on about 6 napkins worth. Only one problem. Managed to lose the darn thing on the way home.
How? No idea
In the meantime, when I am not sewing napkins, I'm frying my brain with my pedagogy research assignment. Kind of handicapped by the fact that absence from work means I can't collect all of my data. More handicapped by the fact that my assignment mojo isn't worth a hill of beans.
Ho hum. Off for a discussion about validity and reliability. What a hip happening life I lead!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Flavaknits said...

Socks are a lovely colour - like the idea of a tree as an alternative washing line!
Interesting post over at vintagepretty.org (foodie blog) that you may be interested in all about British farming.

5:56 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Looks like you hung your socks on a branch while you went in to paddle in a stream.
Sorry, I'm getting carried away here.
Socks look lovely.

7:06 pm  
Blogger yvette said...

Pretty socks, good luck with the napkin sewing, I hate mitred corners!

12:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks! What sort of yarn did you use? Any special ribbed pattern stitch? Nice job!

8:45 am  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Thanks for the kind comments - the socks are in good ol' Trekking XXL. I did my 'vanilla' sock pattern - just a 4x1 rib. Nothing fancy, but I guaranteed to come out just the way I like.
India

10:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home