Saturday, April 21, 2007

I love Latex

 
It's true. And if you want to love it too,have a peek here.

But why do I like it so much? Because I'm fed up of Word messing up my text.
Sorry?
What was that? You're looking for the rubber section?
Can't help you, I'm afraid - this kind of LaTeX is the documentation kind. I can't help it if you were trawling the web looking for salacious content, can I ?

As I was saying, it really naffs me off when I'm writing an assignment and word processing packages take over. Number Guy (aka Mr India) has been threatening to show me some LaTex (oo-er, missus) for months now and he finally got around to it. It's cumbersome at first, but I'm getting used to it.

SO, now that I've got that off my chest* (!), back to the work
India
*That was my attempt at salaciousness so that those looking for same wouldn't feel too disapointed.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger David T. Macknet said...

I must say that, during my master's, I did quite a bit in Notepad & then messed with formatting it all up in Word only after the fact.

Good luck with LaTeX ... I found it hideously intimidating.

What kind of studying?

6:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi India - I couldn't agree more. I gave up on Word, bit the bullet and wrote my PhD thesis in LaTeX. It made the world of difference, didn't mess with my formatting, and did the bulk of the thesis organisation (contents lists, figures lists etc) for me. Welcome to the post-microsoft world!

Mary

8:33 am  
Blogger David T. Macknet said...

Feel sorry for those of us who aren't computer scientists, but who are, rather, commercial business systems programmers ... like me. I'm so thoroughly steeped in everything Microsoft that, although I recognize it as a problem, I don't have an easy means of breaking out. Sigh.

Perhaps when I go back for that PhD, I'll make the break.

5:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home