Saturday, April 07, 2007

Sew fast, so easy

 
Well, it took me about 5 hours. I reckon if I was Yvette I could have done it in a lot less time. But I LOVE IT!!!!

I had made the Miss Twiss Hustle Bustle Skirt . This is another really great pattern, but when it was made I just wasn't feeling the love for the material, so I did a heck of a lot of Googling and came up with the Thai fisher (wo)men's skirt .

What can I say? A truly remarkable pattern which enabled me, a non-sewer, to make a great skirt. And I made some cool flat fell seams . This is the kind of seam found on denims - apparently it is particularly strong. It looks particularly good, IMHO.

There's going to be a few more of these, I reckon.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger yvette said...

Woohoo, it is fabulous, what great fabric Well done, so whats next??
I need waist and hip measurements.

11:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done ! Looking good for an almost first attempt :0)

1:05 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

I can see this as a skirt for a romantic evening - some silk Sari material in luscious colours, perhaps?
India

1:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great - looks lovely. Well done for a nearly first attempt. Sewing is addictive as knitting - be warned!

2:12 pm  
Blogger Twiss And Weber said...

That is a cool looking skirt. I'd love to see a shorter version!

1:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh India that is such a lovely skirt, just my sort of thing, off to follow that link immediately.

Thanks for your comment on the brooch, I will think about doing some destructions soon, they are just really circles of felt and I use a running stitch around the edges which a pull to rumple up a bit, like the ones Heather made, http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/heather_bailey/ a while ago.

7:06 pm  
Blogger Wee Minty said...

It's great. But ... you won't get me sewing. Takes too long.

12:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fab skirt! I think I'll have to try that with some of the 'excess' fabric from the studio... I'm not sure it'd suit me in my current...portlier than averag state, but I can try! (And then save it away for when the weight goes again!)

9:04 am  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

ONe of the things I really like about this skirt is the room for expansion and shrinkage!
India

9:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home