Saturday, March 17, 2007

Got gauge?

 
Heatherwould be proud of me - here is the proof, I've swatched. But as I don't need Yarn Harlot to tell me that gauge swatches lie, given that I've had plenty of evidence in the past, I can't for the life of me think what drove me to do one this time. But there you go, I've done it. I think I am going to knit the garment on slightly smaller needles than suggested. Bet it ends up fitting a three year old.

So, I'm swatching for this camisole, the pattern being available from Get Knitted. In time I plan to knit this pattern in this yarn. Believe me, the photo doesn't do this Fyberspates silk yarn justice. It positively glows. But I'm stashbusting, so I had to 'make do' with some cashmere instead....it's a hardship, but sometimes one has to suffer for one's art....

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is going to be unbelievably gorgeous, I SHOULD be stash busting but have just bought some Noro inspired by your very pretty knit at Nero. Hopefully will make it to a meeting of the new Glasgow Knit and Stitch soon - but am having a grouchy week of me and 3 kids (husband has gone awol up north, grrrrrrrrrrrr)so not fit to be around people.

10:24 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

I'm impressed. I'm very impressed. With the swatching I mean! The pattern also looks scrummy. Last time I swatched, the sock I was knitting ended up big enough to fit BGG and took a trip to frogpond.
Cashmere? My heart bleeds for you.

3:28 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Poor soul, slumming it with cashmere in the meantime! Swatch looks lovely. x K

8:48 pm  
Blogger yvette said...

That silk yarn looks amazing, shame you are slumming it with stashyarn!!

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home