Saturday, May 12, 2007

Guess who can't sleep?

 
Every now and again, like most folk on this mortal coil, I go through a spate of sleepless nights. Still, at least I've been able to have an ogle at the new Interweave.

Right this moment I fancy doing the Ogee lace skirt but in Rowan Denim as opposed to the Bamboo Tape. Now, rather than making the skirt longer to take account of shrinkage, I'm thinking of skeining the yarn, washing and drying it and then using it .

Could be a sweet move.

On the other hand....

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

If you do go for that method, be generous in the amount of times you secure each skein. Add far more than you think you'll need, then add a few more.
I remember wrestling with some Denim I had put into a skein to sew up the denim bag I was washing alongside it so it would shrink at the same rate. Perfectly effective, but a bit spaghetti-like.
Hope you get a good sleep tonight. x K

10:50 am  
Blogger Flavaknits said...

Hope you sleep well tonight - Ogee lace skirt looks lovely, and would suit a denim yarn.

8:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It could be risky I think. You'd have to wash it for quite a long time and quite hot to get the shrinkage and it could then be a nightmare to rewind !

Let us know how you get on if you decide to go that route. :0)

5:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will be lovely in the denim. Shame I don't live nearer as I have several jumpers worth of prewashed denim and would be happy to share some. Keep meaning to make it into a funky modern bed topper for my eldest sons bed, but don't ever seem to find the time to get started. Knowing me he will have left home by the time I get around to it.

3:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home