Monday, May 14, 2007

Confidence boost

 
So, I was sitting in class at uni tonight when one of the secretaries brought me a VIE - Very Important Envelope. In it was my marked Additional Support for Learning assignment that I sweated buckets over last year.

Ulp

Even though most folk didn't know what it was, since they hadn't done the module at the same time as me, I mentally prepared a 'face.' The kind that doesn't let anyone see you're gutted. Cos I fully expected to be.

I opened the envelope a smidgin, slid the mark sheet out just far enough. There it was. The mark.

And it was.....Satisfactory. Yep. You sweat blood and tears and at the end of the day there are two options - satisfactory or unsatisfactory. Hmm, not very....satisfactory.

However, I got some excellent feedback - both in term of the quality of the feedback and what it said about my work. I'm delighted, to say the least. I done good.Real good :0)

But one of the best bits of feedback was about the two appendices, which contained 'Excellent work.' The reason that I am so pleased about this is that while this particular section of the assignment is research-based and grounded in all of the right 'stuff' like the rest of it, it is real work that I have done as a teacher.

Maybe I'm not so bad at this after all :0) ;0)

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

9:41 pm  
Blogger Elaine said...

:0) well done! all that non-knitting time was worth it then? congrats!
Elaine x

9:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, congratulations! Also I meant to say thanks for hte thai fishermans skeirt link, I think I need a few of those in my wardrobe this summer.

10:47 am  
Blogger Wee Minty said...

Well done!

11:14 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

congratualtions! And how disappointing to only hear satisfactory. You know you just want to hear fabulous! instead :)

12:29 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Thanks for all of your comments - isn't it nice when something goes well?
India

1:02 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

"Satisfactory"? Well, I've heard the phrase, "damned by faint praise" but that takes the biscuit.
Good for you- the deed is done and glad you got such good "real" feedback. x K

5:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done - no harm in boosting confidence levels. Just goes to show how hard work pays off...

3:49 am  
Blogger yvette said...

Congratulations India, all your hard work was worth it.

5:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for you! What an accomplishment. It's so nice to get complimentary feedback--it makes all the hard work worthwhile!
Good luck on finding your ipod--I'd be lost without mine! Just downloaded a new book In The Woods by Tana French. Can't wait to start it....

4:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home