Thursday, February 08, 2007

Yowza-ish

 
Finally finished the Gaelic assessment and mailed it off - I love clicking that mouse at times like this. Went to do the sound files and ground to a halt - microphone appears to be dead. At least, I hope that's the problem, because then I can complete the audio 'stuff' before tomorrow's deadline assuming I can get a new mike.

Made some more medical discoveries today. You know the scenario. You've put on weight as a side-effect of the anti-migraine meds. You've tried everything you can to lose said weight. Even eating less ;0) You berate yourself mightily - the only explanation is that you are eating a shed-load more food than you thought. So you keep a food diary. You are DEFINITELY NOT eating too much (and you've been brutally honest, every smidgen is accounted for). Your number-genius husbands checks the maths, he can't figure it out either.

Then a chance comment on a BBC 'drama' tonight - beta blockers make it hard to lose weight. And guess what - they cause confusion. Remember that post - the one where I said I couldn't operate the scales? Man, I wanted to cry. And there have been other incedents lately - forgetting which road to take, to whom I just spoke at a clinic. I thought I was losing my marbles. And I've been feeling down - thought it was because I'm losing my marbles. Nope, that's a side effect. too.

I knew about the nightmares and the cold hands and feet, but I didn't know about the rest...

Things are really sucking here right now. Still, could be worse. I'm warm, dry and not being shot at. Helps me keep some kind of perspective.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Flavaknits said...

At least you know now whats causing it - shame the Medics didn't think to tell you!
Not sure what my excuse is!
Memory is getting worse by the minute.

7:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is a beta blocker? anti depressant? i have all those symptoms too!

2:55 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Beta blockers can be used for a variety of purposes - they are used for cardiac problems such as irregular heartbeat, palpitations, hogh blood pressure. They also help with the physical symptoms of anxiety and can be used for migraine prevention.
India

4:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home