Saturday, January 20, 2007

If I knit fast enough....

 
We've all been here, right? You ? know that you haven't enough yarn left/it's too big/too small - whatever - but if you just keep knitting and don't look close enough, it'll all be ok in the end. Right. I've been ignoring the fact that I jusy started shaping this mit way too soon. It's gonna be too short.

Close your eyes....here goes.....
There, that was excrutiatingly painful not too bad. And if Blogger didn't feel it was just way too bad to share, I'd show y'all the evidence. As it is, just take my word for it. The.Deed. Is.Done. Oops. Blogger was behaving. Seems that I wasn't paying attention. If I was a cat, I'd be sitting grooming myself right now, paying particuluar attention to that hard to get to place bewteen my paws, pretending I hadn't just made an ass out of myself <

So, these are the anemoi mitts by Eunny. I'm really enjoying making them, specially as I have now figured out the mistake I made right back at the beginning. Fortunately, I can live with said mistake. I may do a bit of Swiss embroidery to fix it. On the other hand...

Knitty Gritty:
Yarn: Jamiesons 'Spindrift' 2 ply yarn
Main Colour, Willow
Contrast, Rosemary
Needles: 2 Addi circulars 2.5mm

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh, you are brave. Lovely colours you've chosen for them. x K

8:59 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh gosh, they look fantastic. I love these patterns but am just to clumsy with my yarns and needles, simple intarsia is about as much as I can manage and than involves enough swearing.

1:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooch - another pull back. Not so bad this time tho. They look very nice - and as Kathleen says such lovely colours.

7:38 pm  
Blogger Elaine said...

Ooh - so pretty! Are you going to bring them tonight?

Elaine x

12:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the colours India - they look great. My only problem with mitts is I always feel strangely disabled when wearing them so they languish in a drawer !

9:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home