Sunday, January 14, 2007

Knitters of a nervous disposition, look away now

 
This is a bit of a car crash - fortunately the only victim, other than the kniitting, is my finger. Ever stuck a seam ripper in your index finger at 90 stitches a minute? - Not pretty.

Still, this had to go. The only question is - why did it get so far? That this wasn't meant to be was knit large quite some time ago - I don't know how many times I frogged, re-knit, frogged again. And still I wasn't happy with it. So, it has gone.

It will be reincarnated as an EZ sweater. Copy knit that I am, it's the same as the one worked on by Tigerlilith and Brooklynn Tweed. Mine, as you can clearly see, will be navy blue. The inside seam will be pink - both yarns in Rowan Felted Tweed DK. I think that for the cuffs I'm going to knit the turning row in the pink, so that there is just that little flash. Neat, huh? Ok, ok, I know I'm not setting the heather alight here, but I'm trying.

I'm knitting the jumper/sweater on 3mm needles, as I find the recommended size gives me a fabric which is too open for my taste. I have to admit to some nerves - my swatching and garment knitting rarely give the same gauge....

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Flavaknits said...

Ooooh - 3mm needles you ARE brave. Still was looking good today at meetup.

10:34 pm  
Blogger Elaine said...

I'm discovering knitting and swatching rarely stay even remotely similar too! Frustrating.

Can't wait to see the EZ jumper.

Hope your finger gets better soon :)
Elaine x

5:32 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Is that Brier R.I.P? Hope your finger's ok.

7:59 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

It sure is, Kathleen :0(
INdia

9:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woa - need a goverment health warning on photo's like that! :)

4:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home