Friday, January 26, 2007

And furthermore

 
I had a conversation with a colleague at work today about beliefs and values that is similar to that which Alison has noted on her blog. Here is my response - BTW, Alison and I aren't having a falling out over this - we're just not posting possibly controversial comments on each other's blogs :o)

I understand that there are people who genuinely believe that placing a child with a gay couple is sinful. But this doesn't make them right. I can't understand why 'religious belief' is trotted out as the reason for all sorts of discriminatory and unreasonable behaviour. I believe in the faeries at the bottom of the garden. They tell me that it is sinful when my employer expects me to earn my wages....

Seriously, I am not knocking religion. Nor am I belittling those who have a deep and abiding faith. I'm just wondering where the Christian charity and understanding is in all of this....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I am a Christian, and I get SOOOOO angry when so called christian's say such stuff.

Isn't one he commandments to not judge? Isn't that God's job. How about you (not YOU...you know what I mean) concentrate on YOUR relationship with God and stop worrying about what others are doing!

*Off my soap box now

7:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home