Friday, February 02, 2007

So tell me...

 
...why exactly am I trying to learn Gaelic?

I am asking myself this at least once every 10 minutes at the moment. As usual, the assignment is busting my ass and the stress-related pain in my face is not to be borne. On the plus side (is there one?) I have finished the first run through and have a week to check it and do the audio file - and a zillion other things, of course.

As you can imagine there hasn't been much knitting done, but I did get the anemoi mits finished some time last week, and here gentle reader, is the evidence. I'm telling you , any Persian carpet maker would be proud of the lack of humility evident in these guys.

And I'm in love again - with an electrical appliance. I think this is 'Weird thing about me' number 6. I fall in love with various domestic appliances. This time it's the turn of the new Slow Cooker. I have one that is more than 20 years old, but it's huge (yep, size matters). So now I have a smaller one which sits well on a little space on the kitchen worktop. I had a good laugh at the photography in the 'Tower Slow Cooker' book - it was done in the early 70s so is full of piped mashed potatoes and egg curries.

Right, I'm off. I've earned a G&T - and not your common or garden Gordon's, either. Now, I'm hanging my head in shame at This picture, but honest-to-goodness, if you like gin, you'll LOVE this. Sweet and mellow, without that artificial perfume flavour of other gin, it goes best with Fever Tree Tonic. In fact, this is such a great combo that I was tempted to keep it all to myself....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Your mittens are beautiful.
Sorry you've got that hellish face pain thing again. x K

10:13 pm  
Blogger Flavaknits said...

Enjoy the G&T.
Now you've done the anemoi mittens will you be trying the rovaniemi mittens?

10:36 pm  
Blogger yvette said...

Hope you enjoyed your G&T, its my favourite drink when stressed!
Your mittens look great, good luck with the assignment.

2:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home