Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I know I'm unwell when...

 

....I'm not able to knit. Anyone who suffers from migraines will know that it is not just a headache. My normal meds didn't work, but fortunately a very nice doctor came out and stuck a needle in me. I wasn't convinced even then, because I've been so doped up on opiates in the past that I couldn't walk, but the pain wasn't reduced in the slightest. Fortunately it worked this time. Unfortunately I wasn't fit for work and I'm not able to go to my Wednesday knitting group.

As I'm now a member of a spinning BlogRing, thought I should put some spinning up. close up of skein of deep crimson handspun merino silk blend This, as the label states, is a merino/silk blend, purchased from the Scottish Fibres stall at Woolfest last June. Hard to tell from the pic, but it has a lovely sheen and a very soft hand (if that's the right term). It's probably going to be a Misty Garden scarf from Scarf Style , which is simple feather and fan.

In amongst the work and study, I've also been looking after my son, who has been really unwell with the 'flu and an ear infection - no matter how old he gets, I still hate to see him unwell. His girlfriend came to stay for a couple of days, and very nice she is, too. I'm not going to meddle, but would very happy if this relationship lasts, but early days yet. The cats, meanwhile, have been having a lazy time, as usual. Here's Athyr using my DH as a perching post. photo' of chocolate siamese cat sitting on my husband's knee Usually both of them can be found there, but Isis was too quick off the mark. Got her later though - photo' of two siamese cats snuggled up together in a radiator hammock...it's a cat's life!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Sorry you've been so ill. Hope it has lifting/ is lifting now. x K

6:38 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Thanks, Kathleen - the pain has gone but I feel completely wiped out- so much pain is incredibly exhausting. Mr India was a star - bless him!

Take care!

11:01 pm  
Blogger Spindlers2 said...

I do see what you mean about the cats! Even though the colours are different, they look SO alike in blog photos that it is spooky.
Mine (various) have always helped me get through migraines, they knew to be quiet and comforting. Hope you are feeling better soon.

10:44 am  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

I feel for you. I got my first migraine at the end of last year as part of PMS symptoms. I couldn't believe how all encompassing it was - I literally could not think about or do anything while I had it - and how long it took me to recover from it. I am hoping it was a one off and will not become a monthly event!

1:53 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts, folks!

India

6:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home