Sunday, August 05, 2007

Shetland Triangle

 
How many times have you been walking down a street when a perfect stranger comes up to you and thrusts some yarn into your hand? Not any of your common or garden stuff, mind. No scratchy nylon or acrylic, something better. Much better. Like ...cashmere. Yeh, never happens to me, either..

However, a friend of mine did have some cashmere that she needed to rehome ;0) ;0)

I've tried 'enhancing' both of these pictures, but neither of them accurately reflect the deep berry colour. The real shame, though, is that this isn't 'touchivision'. I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of knitting with such wonderful yarn.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

wow! we're all on such a shawl kick at the moment.

Its stunning - the colour is just, well it makes me salivate! Gorgeous job - are you taking it on Tues?

Elaine x

10:33 am  
Blogger Kathleen said...

That is really beautiful. If picture two is anything like the real colour, it is divine. Please bring it to the meetup if you can still make it, you've made me desperate to touch it.

2:02 pm  
Blogger Flavaknits said...

Was that the lovely shawl you were wearing today - I meant to comment, as it looked so lovely, the pictures of it are not too bad too! Your health to wear it.

7:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! What yarn did you use?

1:29 am  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

ah- that's the problem - I can't remember what yarn Lilith said it is.
India

9:16 am  
Blogger Roobeedoo said...

That is gorgeous! I am feeling itchy for lace-knitting!

12:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful indeed. Don't we get a "worn" shot?

8:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home