Well, if I was chocolate, I would eat myself - but the credit should really go to LeislThis is such a great bag. I wanted to do the whole 'in the garden' thing, but the weather in Glasgow isn't so good, so we're doing the 'by the window, looking into the garden' thing. Just peeking out of the top is the magnetic snap that came with the pattern, and that was really easy to fit. Adding the rivets to the handles was a bit more of a fiddle, but ok in the end.
I followed the instructions almost to the letter - the only two things I did differently were : 1 I applied glue from a glue stick to the right side of the zip tape, then used an iron to 'set' this onto the fabric. That way I didn't have to tack (baste) the zip or use pins It worked out really well. 2 I added a keyring loop, visible on the right side of this picture. If you know me, you won't have to ask why...
As I said in Backpack I , I was very careful about how I placed the pieces. As you can see, it was worth the effort - there's no point in using material like this if you're not going to make the most of it. I am definitely going to make more of these bags - I'm thinking some Amy Butler or Heather Bailey fabric. But I'm going to get that rotary cutter first.