Thursday, June 07, 2007

4 things

 
Ok, tagged by Roobeedoo

4 jobs I have had in my life: School technician - this was ok. The fun part was when I has been sent in by the Senior Technician( brave man) to collect the bullseyes from the local slaughterhouse and the bag burst. Eyes, like fried eggs, splattered all along the hallway behind me. Poor firt year kids nearly passed away on the spot...
Creche assisstant - hmm, not too bad. This was in the days before child protection was really considered. I think we did a good job - but no checks like we have today. Scary
Nurse - Registered Mental ;0) I enjoyed being a psychiatric nurse, but haven't practised for 10 years (where does the time go?)
Teacher - currently teach 3 - 5 year olds. I complain, but secretly I really like it. Just don't tell anyone.

4 films I can watch again and again:
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - especially The Two Towers
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe - I cry every time. It's so sad. And I can never make up my mind about whether Miss Threadgoode is Idgy or not.
The Green Mile - I don't read any of Stephen King's horror, but this is a great tale of hope (and redemption?).
And just like Roobeedoo:- Truly Madly Deeply
4 places I have lived: Glenrothes - Fife
Great Dunmow - in an old Poor House
Arbroath - when I had my first teaching post
Glasgow
4 TV series I watch:
ER - Luca: what's not to love?
Doc Marten, or however it's meant to be spelt.
Grand Designs with Number Guy, 'cos he really likes this programme
erm, various history/green issue type things that I can't remember the titles of.
4 places I have been on holiday:
Skye – for a Gaelic course every year, and to eat at The Three Chimneys if possible
Venice - worth getting on a plane for
Paris - years ago. This time I'd like to go back with someone who actually want s to be there with me.
The New Forest.4
things I do every time I am on the Net:
Check my emails
Read my favourite blogs
Check the “what’s new” section of my favourite wool websites
Check my podcasts on iTunes
4 things I would NOT eat for anything in the world:
Foie gras - c'mon, have some compassion
Grubs
brains
eyeballs
4 places I would love to be right now:
Anns an Eilean Sgitheanach - in Skye
In my garden in the dappled shade
Provence, wandering among the lavender fields
terekking on horseback in The Rockies - now, this is a complete fantasy. I don't know how realistic it is, or how many bears would want to gobble me up, but a girl can dream.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home