Monday, May 28, 2007

8 random things

 
OK - tagged by Yvette.
I'm going to have to give this some thought, and add to it later, but one to be going on with :-
1. I talk to random strangers. Folk who know me won't be in the least bit surprised ;0) I keep saying that I'll stop, but to no avail. I'll be in a yarn shop, or waiting at a queue in a festival, and conversation keeps bubbling out of me. If I had a lot of money, I dare say I would be classed as 'eccentric', but given that I don't have, and I'm developing a somewhat, erm, unusual way of dressing, I think some folk reckon I'm a bit barmy...
Added later-
2. I really like the sound that hard-soled shoes make on gravelly paths
3. I am phobic about the dentist and have to have IV sedation for treament
4. The Lord of the Rings is one of my favourite novels and I was so glad that the movies did it justice
5. I am learning to play the piano - it is a sloooow process.
6. I don't like flying but I managed to go to Venice four years ago. It was worth it.
7.I am a hoarder. But since watching documentaries about folk with hoarding tendencies, I am fighting the urge - binning rubbish, recycling and free-cycling. That makes it sound like I hoard rubbish, doesn't it? I don't !!!!! But I have recently been re-evaluating the kind of things I 'keep for later.'
8. I love my son. Every fibre of his being, even though we drive each other to distraction at times. I have acclimatised to his absence and no longer spend hours sitting in the bath crying. But I still miss him.....

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Pauline said...

This is a belated 'thank you' for dropping by my blog. Yours was the first comment I had - so it was quite exciting and special - I didn't realise comments were so important until I started blogging!

4:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I smile at random people but I'm too shy to say things - they think I'm loopy, I don't know why! Sometimes I get the strangest looks ;-)

1:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home