Sunday, May 27, 2007

Finished

 
This sock was a breeze to knit (except for the toe, which I left too late to start the shaping and had to frog, silly me). As you can see, the self-striping that Lilith dyed has behaved beautifully. I was expecting something weird to happen over the instep, but no. I think she's going to be dyeing up a storm at some point, so go check out her site real soon.

I've been trying a few other things. Such as tofu. Yep, who'd believe it. I always felt it was the food of the devil, and so did Dori and Val from the More Hip than Hippie podcast until they tried it with honey and tamari. It's amazing. Well, maybe that's taking it a bit far, but it was very tasty. Basically, get some firm tofu, soak up the extra moisture then cut into cubes. Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry tofu until it is golden brown. While still in the pan on the heat, drizzle over some honey. Cook a little longer, then splash on some tamari and stir it around a bit more.

Yum

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger yvette said...

Cute sock, I have tagged you for a meme, check it out on my blog.

10:44 am  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

I'm gonna send you the best tofu recipes.....

3:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tofu is the best!!!!!! Marinade it, deep fry it, cream it. Yum!

6:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, looks fab! more self-striping will be hitting the dye pots this week... thanks so much for being my tester!! xo

7:53 pm  
Blogger David T. Macknet said...

Tofu is a sponge: place it on a plate & put another plate on top of it, then something heavy on the top plate. It'll squeeze all of the moisture out of the tofu, so you can then drop it into a marinade, which it will promptly suck up. It can taste like anything, and is about the best "blank slate" there is, in cooking.

We've even made "cheesecake" from it, and nobody's been the wiser.

8:19 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Opal eat your heart out- this is one fabby zingy Rainforest sock.
Your lunch looks yummy btw.

9:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm - I'm hungry. Think I might give that tofu recipe a go later this week...

11:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm - I'm hungry. Think I might give that tofu recipe a go later this week...

11:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home