Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ask me how I know this?

 
Thae even when I am trying to be frugal and cut out food waste, using sweetened soya milk in a cheese sauce is not a good idea...

Moving swiftly along, the present production line is working away. Mr India gets the supplies, I make the goodies and package them. Mr India then packs the boxes and does the posting. I made two lots of tablet last night and there is a gingerbread cooking in the oven as we speak. After my knitting meet up this afternoon I will make gingerbread number two. This gives me enough for 3 lots of presents for the in-laws. I don't kow how they will react, but my friend from school was delighted. In fact, she was having a hard time not eating all the gingerbread before the kids came home from school Now that's what I like to hear. I will take a pic of the gingerbread and post it later. The recipe is from one of Nigella Lawson's books. It is the chocolate gingerbread recipe. I don't put the choc chips in, but I do add the 40g of cocoa. If you love gingerbread, then this recipe is a must.

This morning we could not find the special food bags that I had bought to put the tablet and gingerbread in. We hunted everywhere (erm, well nearly everywhere). I finally gave up and got in the car to drive to Glasgow. Believe me, the thought of driving through the lashing rain, struggling to get a parking space and then fighting may way through the crowds was not appealling. When I was able to pull over in to a parking space to listen to my voice mail on the 'phone, I was delighted to discover that the bags had been found. Especially as I was very close to home still.

So, where were the bags? In the one place I told Mr I not to look, because I KNEW they weren't there. Well, where else would they be?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Always the way on a lost item.

1:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can think of nothing better than homecooked gingerbread (thanks for the link to the cookbook) or tablet as a gift. I wish I had your courage to do the same for my friends and family. Glad the bags were found in time - Glasgow weather sounds similar to what we have here right now. Rough and wild. Makes a change for us though.

2:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing more annoying than that is when you've already looked in that place and then they look and lo and behold the lost thing jumps right into their hands !

8:23 pm  
Blogger Freyalyn said...

What sort of bags are you using? I was considering fudge stuf for a few people? And what do you think of CJ Sansome? I've just started on Dissolution after being force to wait for Mark to finish it. Drop me a line....

12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home