Sunday, October 22, 2006

The wrong cupcakes

 
Well, Grommit ,lad, looks like we'll just have to have some Wenslydale...

orange-topped cupcake Well, what else is to be done when I made the wrong darn thing? True, this little piece of cakey delight is perfectly edible. And it is the season for a Hallowe'en cupcake. But I wanted to make the one with the pumpkin. Grr.

On the upside, I can report to Elaine that this is one cooked topping that does work

I have been cooking a lot over the past few days (shh, I know it's displacement activity). I have all 3 of the New Covent Garden Soup Company recipe books and I have decided to w ork my way through them. The butternut, vanilla and lemon is amazing. This is a bowl of Tomato, fennel and feta. Mm, mm, bowl of tomato, feennel and feta soup with a sprinkling of parsl;ey Do you like my arty dash of real homegrown parsley? Classy, eh?. In the pan at the moment I have the Smoked paprika, butternut and sweet potato. 'Cept I don't like smoked paprika, so I'm going with ordinary. I have decided that if I am going to be up to my eyeballs in work, I am going to have a whole load of great soup in the freezer, ready to go. Trouble is, it's so good none of it has made ot to the freezer :0)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh, I love homemade soup, we have it at least once a week, I didn't know there was a Covent Garden recipe book, I shall have to investigate.

Thanks for the well wishes, we are all back to normal now and almost caught up on all the washing. Sadly the 4lbs I lost in 24 hours appear to have all been found again, sigh.

3:32 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Stop it, you're making me too hungry, and it's another hour or so till dinner. x K

4:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home