Sunday, October 01, 2006

Secret Pal 9 - come and get me!

 
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I am allergic to Rowan Kid Classic, even though I am not allergic to any of the component fibres. I am a self-confessed yarn snob, so I really don’t like cheap , manmade yarns. I love Lorna’s Laces, STR
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a couple of needle rolls for my DPNs and straight needle. Circulars are kept in a CD case – I don’t really like it, but it’s the best I have come up with so far. Most of the straights are kept in a vase on the mantelpiece.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I am an advanced knitter who learnt at her mother’s knee, aged four. That wasn’t yesterday……
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes – must update it though
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Vanilla
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes indeedy. Organic chocolate. And when I am ‘slumming it’, I love Reeces Pieces.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I spin. I would love to try some dyed Blue Faced Leicester from across the pond. And something that I think is called Cormo and looks great.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Snow Patrol, Katie Melua, Meatloaf, Rush, ELO, Muse. Coldplay. Computer plays MP3s, but as Mr India is a Computer Scientist I cannot/will not play anything that has been copied. Darn.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love pinks and purples. I am not overly keen on yellows and oranges.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
A grown up son, a husband and two Siames cats
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
All of the above, but I’m better now – no longer wear ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Just about anything. Really into socks at the moment
13. What are you knitting right now?
Where do I start? A Noro cardigan, Lady Eleanor’s Stole, various socks, hats, scarves.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Loved the stitchmarkers that KnitWit Momma sent me
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Prefer circular bamboo. Unless I’m knitting socks, then I like wooden DPNs
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Both
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Erm, can’t remember – about 20 years actually – I just remembered a 4ply cotton thing
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Out in the Western Isles
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Yep – I’ll update this as soon as I can get my brain in gear
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
ditto
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
ditto
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
4/11. Now, for our North American cousins, that means the fourth of November. Coming up real soon :0)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved your list! if you ever get a chance to spin BFL try some from Amy at Spunky Eclectic
http://www.spunkyhats.com/
I so enjoyed spinning it but absolutely LOVED knitting with it!! it was so soft!

7:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Just wanted to give you a quick heads up that I already found out that I'm your pal for SP9. Thanks for filling out the questionnaire. (and thanks for reminding me of that whole date thing, gosh that's a big hint about where I live...)
I'll be looking forward to spoiling you for the next few months & from what I see on your questionnaire I should be able to find a few things you can't get across the pond!

6:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home