Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Oh.My.Gawd.

 
Had a visit to the neurologist.

Long story short - can't take tryptan-based drugs at the moment because of other issues. Can no longer take propanolol as a preventer (ok, so it hasn't been wonderful BUT IT WAS FREAKIN' SOMETHIN!!!!!). No longer allowed to take codeine - apparently I've had toomuch and this is what is causing the constant pain.

So, I hear the observant amongst you ask, what the f*** am I supposed to do when I have a freakin' MIGRAINE?????

Answer - take 2 paracetamols. And then go to bed.

I'm off to lie in a darkened room . I may be some time several years.

5 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

2 paracetamols?! that sucks!

i would advise trying the 4Head stick - it takes about 15 minutes to truely kick in, but if you lose the head [as it were!] and slather your forehead in the stuff it feels like a numbing cold compress.
Much better than trying to balance a damp towel on your forehead when lying down!

It doesnt take the hair-covered head pain away entirely [unless you rub your hair/scalp too - I've never tried that!] but does at least provide comfort and a distraction from head pain as the forehead tingles its way to numbness!

it does nothing for nausea, but then neither does paracetemol...
hope you're OK.

Elaine x

9:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you feel so bad. Hope you feel better soon :)

6:14 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Virtual hugs. K x

8:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( Have you tried putting your head on something warm (be it cat, human or hot water bottle)?

The 4-head thing would be worth a go - my friend swears by it - but use with caution cos I just found it deeply irritating and a bit sore.

Feel better!

Nicola

5:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yuk, you poor thing. I can't take codeine either, which really sucks. I've been told to try accupuncture too, so I'm going to give that a go.

I find that one of the most frustrating things about endless hours spent lying in a dark room unable to do anything is the waste of perfectly good knitting time.

2:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home