Sunday, August 13, 2006

Doh!

 
So, this is what happens when you put glass and plastic in a hot oven to sterilise, panic and plunge into cold water! As if I didn't know....why the heck did I do that? You're guess is as good as mine. I was in the middle of making raspberry vinegar and I guess I just didn't think.

Had a great holiday, here is a pic of my dearest son who came with us on holiday, and I enjoyed his company so much. He's a great boy. I've just been listening to Cast -on, and maybe I shouldn't have - Brenda often speaks about her son in ways which reflect my own feelings - and it made me cry again, as my DS will be back at uni in a few weeks, and our lives too will be crossing less often...ulp

My Gaelic course was well messed up this year, but I won't go into that. The upsode was that as compensation we had lunch here . If you don't know (?!), This is one of the best restaurants. We had lunch there and it is definitely worth it. We stayed overnight on Iona, which is a beautiful little island. Must've been hellishly hard when Columba was living there

I still haven't been up front about all my purchases from Woolfest, so I'll need to get down to that. Anyway, in the meantime, hope ya'll had a great summer, tioraidh an-drasta

6 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Could you imagine Iona in a snowstorm?

2:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a meal in the Three Chimney's on our Honeymoon five years ago and we still say its the best meal we've ever had!
I also love Iona although we went there on Hogmanay via a very rough crossing and the threat of not getting back but it was worth the effort. It must have been wonderful to stay there!

8:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky you to be travelling! i'm stuck at home this whole summer...enjoy!

3:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooo jealous - on my list of things to do very soon.
It sounds like a wonderful holiday.

7:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi India
your holiday looks fab, it was great to meet you and Heather in glasgow, I had a lovely time.
Yvette

7:59 am  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Heather - the raspberry vinegar is in two forms, one sweetened, one not. Apparently the sweetened one can be used on panckcakes etc. The unsweetened will be used for salad dressings. First week is ok - ask me in a month how things are!
Yvette - it was really nice to meet you, especially after what Heather said about you! (All very positive, I have to say).
Take care, hope the wedding was good.

9:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home