Sunday, July 02, 2006

Woolfest 06

 
On your marks, get set.......whoa there, where's she gone....? Or at least, I think that's what Mr India was muttering to himself as I disappeared in a cloud of fiber....he was just a tad worried. However , I do think that this was a bit of an over-reaction:- It is true to say that I hadn't slept the night before, hadn't been able to eat breakfast, had run out the door without any clothes on (actually, that's a lie, but if I 'd been wearing a skirt, I'm sure it'd've been tucked into my knickers - erm, if I'd remembered to wear any....) but arranging for an ambulance....? Having said that, it was hot as Hades, so I wouldn't have been surprised if folk had been carted out.

Sorry, what was that? What am I gibbering talking about? You don't know?? Where the heck have you been? WOOLFEST, naturally! What else would I be going on (and on) about?

Ok. Deep breath. I've just read over this post and it doesn't make a lot of sense, not even to me - and I was there. Despite my plans of calmness and serenity, I was completely overwhelmed, and that still seems to be the case. I had a great couple of days, but while I attempt to get my brain functioning again, I shall leave you with this glorious sight - and a question. What fibre is this? Answers on a postcard....or in the comments box....

5 Comments:

Blogger m said...

I know what it is, hemp, from House of Hemp.
I would have recognised it anyway, but I was there on Friday on the Association of Guilds of WSD stand.

10:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess that the fibre is hemp? I bought some from the House of Hemp at the Ally Pally last year - nice yarn, but the smell is a bit suspect!

7:56 am  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Hemp maybe? Whatever it is it has a lovely lustre. x K

7:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its hemp of course - managed to purchase a skein or to myself. Yes I too was in a frenzy at Woolfest. I wasn't sure whether or not it was the heat or excitement that gave me a headache!
But what did you buy..........we want pictures and details!!!

8:24 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, what did you buy, let me live vicariously though your yarn purchases please.....

9:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home