Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Charity

 
I sometimes admire people who fight for a 'good cause'. Why the quotation marks? Why only sometimes. Because not everyone has the same good cause.

I have my own charities that I donate to. I don't make a song and dance about it, I just do it. Arguably, there are times when a song and dance are what is needed.

I have a question, though. Is it fair to publicly 'out' a company that has decided that someone else's (unrelated)good cause isn't their good cause? Seems a bit like charity terrorism to me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh India - this sounds a bit mysterious!
Is this something you have read in the Guardian?
Hope you had a great holiday, although the Gaelic sounded a bit like hard work!

8:48 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Hi Mhairi
Sadly the comment was on another blog. I am not going to name & shame, as it were, I just wanted to express my feelings.
India

11:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was appalled to read that comment as well - my initial reaction was not to make a donation, buy anything from that vendor or bid for anything related to the "good cause".

9:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home