Monday, September 11, 2006

Real food, real fast

 
( By the way, if you are hungry, you might not want to read the firstparagraph) I love macaroni and cheese. Not the plastic mac'n'cheese that our American cousins 'like', but the real deal. Made with a roux-based cheese sauce, mature cheddar, parmesan crisped to a golden crust on top. Just like this.photo of home made macaroni and cheese, topped with tomatoes, parmesan and parsely As you can see, I like to add some tomatoes.Mmmmm, When I remember, or have the will power, I freeze a couple of portions, so on buzy days (or ones where a drill is grinding into my eye orbit, yet I don't actually have projectile vomitting) I can just defrost, top and go. So I did. And it was great. And as an added bonus, it comes up easy if the projectile vomitting creeps up on me. Sorry. That was real gross. And uncalled for. I know. SOmetimes I am so immature

bobbin of dark violet/grey merino/tencel spun singles A little spinning has been done of late, and I have proof. This is a merino/tencel blend, bought from Carol and Pete . It finally drove me to start spinning from the fold which I have resisted for a long, long, long time. However, the fibre is so slippery, it was impossible to do anything else. This may well be the last merino I purchase, until the mulesing debate is over. No matter which way you look at it, removing a big chunk of skin without anaesthesia is just plain wrong. Now, I'm not saying that leaving the sheep to die from fly strike is ok, but there must be a better way of dealing with the problem.

How's the migraine going? Well, it's going and today has not been a good one. I'm at a strange point where I am in a fair bit of pain but I can function on a basic level. SO, it will either get better today, or it won't. Hey, who said I cana't state the bleedin' obvious???

Finally, here is a gratuitous kitty pic - aren't they just great? That kind of harmony could ease the path of world peace....

4 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Hey - not all of us Yanks eat mac n cheese from a box! You just made my hungry, btw.

7:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks so darned yummy! the weather here is finally cooling off so dishes like that are sounding just perfect....

7:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love tomatoes on my Mac'nchees too!
My favourite is to fry up some mushrooms and garlic, and use the remaining butter mixture to make the roux! I think I know what I'm having for tea tomorrow.
Hope the migraine clears up soon.

7:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaaw your kitties are sharing a brain (that's what we call it around here when they sleep cheek to cheek)

2:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home