Saturday, September 09, 2006

Waiting for the other shoe to drop

 

I think all the kind thoughts must be working - the past few days have not been too bad. BUt I can't relax about it - I really am waiting for the migraine from Hell. It's coming. I can feel it.

However, I did get through an UNANNOUNCED, yep, you read it correctly, an UNANNOUNCED visit from the Care Commision. In Scotland, care homes and nurseries are regulated by this body, receiving an annual visit. Sometimes it is unannounced. Now, it's my own fault, because I kept rabbitting on about how unnanounced visits are better - less stress, realistic view of the establishment, yadda yadda yadda. Certainly got what I asked for!

I have some knitting news - finished The Somewhat Cowl. And very please I am with it, too. I had to alter it a fair bit - no matter how I tried, I couldn't get the tension right. So, this is not as good as I would like it to be - it's a bit tight across the chest. Also, depsite trying it on frequently, and measuring, too, I haven't got the cowl part long enough. So, I will definitely knit it again, same alterations as before but taking into account the improvements I want to make. It's not the best picture - I look pretty shapeless, but in 'real life' (whatever that is), it looks just fine.

Off to a wedding today. Jill, known to us Scottish Rowanettes, is tying the knot this afternoon. Looking forward to meeting Mr Kathleen and Mr Heather at the bash. I just have one problem that I'm wrestling with. KNitting - take itor not??? Now, I'm sure that Jill would understand. BUt I think that Mr Jill might not. Hmm. Tricky one....

So, better go and get sorted. Dear son is going off to uni again today (wracking sobs) and we need to get him sorted before we can go. Thanks again, and again, for all the good wishes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having seen the somewhat cowl in "real life", it looks very elegant.
(Obviously its the wearer who provides the elegance)
Can sympathise on the son front - am not looking forward to letting baby bird(s) fly the nest. I always look forward the the afternoon school run.
On the migraine front - have tried cranial therapy thingy and agree with Sarah as is v. good.
My favourite is reflexology - it just seemed to improve everything!

5:04 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Lovely to see you last night. Didn't know at that stage you had an FO in the bag. As you know I haven't been to the last couple of stitching meetups so I haven't seen this in progress. It's lovely! What a beautiful colour!

7:34 am  
Blogger Elaine said...

Love it! Am going to get the pattern too I think :)

Hope you're OK at the moment - with no children I have no idea of the heartache of the uni start of term - my sis said that my mum cried all the way home after dropping me off in Glasgow.

He'll come back sooner than you know - it's practically Christmas already.

Take care
See you soon
Elaine xx

12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home