Sunday, January 29, 2006

Look VERY closely....

 
.... and you will see a robin on top of that there piece of topiary. I've tried doing a close-up croppy thing, but as you can see, I failed miserably.

We don't get many bright sunny days in this neck of the wood, especially at this time of year, so decided to make the most of it. As you can see, Spring is springing.
But don't be fooled - take a look at the ice on this pond.

I suspect that a front view of this lady would also show its own picture of the ambient temperature....

Life has continued to have its ups and downs. The insurance company have decided to write my car off. I was very unimpressed with the paltry sum that they have offered me, but nothing to be done there. When we went to recover my possessions it soon became apparent that there was much more damage than met the eye - which just served to confirm that I was right not to wait in the vehicle. So, I am now the proud and somewhat nervous owner of a brand new car. Let's hope that my luck is a bit better - though it could be argued that in escaping without so much as a scratch on my person, I've had very good luck indeed.

Not much to report on the knitting front, except this: a crochet flower in Artesano Alpaca and KidSilk Haze, embellished with beads. There's a brooch pin on the back to allow me to pin it where I darn well like. In this case, on a piece of brown satin ribbon, worn as a choker. The extra Noro Blossom finally arrived, so I can get on with that. I must get some ribbon for the inside. I've decided to reinforce the inside of cardis and jumpers with ribbon sewn along the inside shoulder and neck line - I'll show you what I mean next time I have the camera out.

TTFN

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you weren't hurt !
Don't you just hate these no-common-sense statements about waiting in the middle of a busy motorway with your car??
On the flower - looks very pretty - what you doing with the Noro Blossom, sounds interesting.

Mhairi

9:11 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

HI Mhairi - it was a bit of a 'jobsworth'comment - should send it to Esther R - showing my age !

9:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home