Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Secret Pal 8

 
ok, here goes....
1 What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Fave yarns - Noro, especially silk Garden and Kureyon, Lorna's Laces,Colinette, Koigu, KidSilk Haze. Really don't like acrylic. Allergic to Rowan's Kid CLassic
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? A very large glass vase
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Since I was 4. I would say I'm advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Erm, I think so, but It's current;y way out of date
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Vanilla
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Fruit Thins - don't think you get them now. Also like Sherbet Lemons, Cough Candy Twists, Werthers Originals adnd Green & Blacks chocolate
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I spin - on 2 wheeels and I have 3 handspindles
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Katie Melua, Greenday, Rocky Horror, Meatloaf, Snow PAtrol. I have an iPod (and I can work it now!)
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I like violets, purples, pinks.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Mrried, son at uni, 2 Siamese cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Wear lots of hats and scarves, but not usually all at one go.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? mmm - I'm a bit of a slapper when it comes to knitting - I love it all!
13. What are you knitting right now? Neck-down t-shirt, various socks, about to knit a garment in Habu 'paper' yarn, couple of scarves, shawl
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I don't know - haven't really had that many. I imagine that I would (that isn't vety helpful, is it?)
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Brittany White Birch, rosewood.. Prefer circular, but would rather have wooden staraight than metal circular.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Tep to both
17. How did you learn to knit? My mum taught me when I was 4
18. How old is your oldest UFO? No idea - at least 20 years I think.
19. What is your favorite holiday? Walking, in Skye or somewhere hot and sunny
20. Is there anything that you collect? Books and dangly silver earrings
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Koigu and Lornas Laces Sock Yarn. I quite fancy One Skein, or that new book about cabled knitting - wish I could remember what it was called....Inspired cable knits,just looked i up on Amazon. Oh, and Folk Socks by Nancy Bush
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Love sock knitting. Oh my goodness - 8 and a half inches long. And I'll measure the rest when I can find my tape. 24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)4th November

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home