Monday, April 24, 2006

A wee stroll

 
Here's India ready for a stroll in the countryside. India, unemcumbered, ready for a stroll Here's Mr India ready for a stroll in the countryside. Mr India, loaded up like a pack mule, ready for a strollAll I can say is that I can't help it if he wants to be a gentleman. Can I? The weather was just right for a bit of a stroll, makes it all the easier to clock up the 10,000 a day. I was a bit worried when I saw the sign stating that 'Military vehicles are not allowed.' Ulp. I wasn't planning on bumping into military hardware anywhere , off road or not.

After walking for several 100 miles, we decided that a wee spot of dinner was called for. It's not just Mr Brown who is fond of The Loch Fyne Oyster Bar. There are branches of this fyne ( couldn't resist it) restaurant popping up all over the place, but we think the original is still the best. I decided to be brave and share a shellfish platter with Mr India (Note to Mr India - even though I know my own mind, and you kow me well enough to not even suggest that I don't, the next time I claim to know my own mind in respect of ordering shellfish platters, take your life in your hands and remind me that it's a bad idea). There's no getting away from it. Prawns and longoustine just remind me of a pink kind of cockroach. We don't eat creepycrawlies, so why do we eat creepy swimmies? HAving said that, I do like mussles, and I'm not going to begin to ttell you what they remind me of. The fish at the restaurant is lovely. So is the wine. I allowed myself a second glass, after the first one failed to set off my acid reflux. In addition to that, I finished the second Debbie Bliss sock, while Mr I finished the crab etc. Course, whether the waiting staff though I was mildly eccentric, or off my rocker, depends upon how much money they thought we had. That'll be completely off my rocker, then.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Is that a pink Sirdar Fizz that Mr India is modelling?... :)

Hope you're enjoying the portable podcasting!
Elaine x

11:21 am  
Blogger Kathleen said...

At last I can comment here- my lappy is very temperamental with comment boxes for some reason. Anyway, I wanted to compliment you because I think I can spy chocolate lime if I'm not mistaken. Looks lovely on.

5:25 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Thank you for your kind comment, Kathleen! And Elaine, far be it for me to admit to something as 'stylish' as Fizz... but er, you might just be right!

9:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home