Saturday, May 20, 2006

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

 
Mr India and his university friends started playing Dungeons & Dragons. Twenty-odd years later, they're still at it. No fancy store-bought materials for them. Nope, they invent their own worlds and characters (some have been on the go longer than Coronation Street, I swear). They are Serious about this. I don't mind. It's Mr India's knitting. But, check this out:
India - So, darling - how has your day been ?
Mr India - wonderful. Everyone turned up, the company has been great. Amazing food - by the way, how was your baked potato ?
India Oh, it was fine, don't choke on the great food, hope you have a hangover glad you're having such a nice time.
Mr India - what you up to?
India - assignment
Mr India - oh, that's great
India - ?!
Mr India - is it going well ?
India - well, I've been at it for hours, so I need a break now.
Mr India - oh, why don't you do some of your Gaelic assignment then?
And I thought he was a sensible, sensitive kind of chap.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Spindlers2 said...

Aaaah! those were the days! Believe it or not, I used to be a lawful good magic user called Agatha. I can never believe that computer role playing games could be as good as the real hands-on over the table stuff, complete with little handpainted lead models....h'mm, I think I still have Agggie lurking in a drawer somewhere.....

10:31 pm  
Blogger Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Hi India, thank for your comment - I'm so glad it's not just us who had a slightly "unorthodox" honeymoon - suspected SARS sounds nastier than appendicitis. Enjoy your retreat. Carie

11:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi India,
Hope the project is going okay - I see Mr India has a very dry sense of humour , vereee similar to my own hubby.
Reading your comments on Dungeons and Dragons I got a flash back to the 1980's. I was never into it myself, but it certainy entertained a few (male) folk I knew.

7:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi India

Just want to say hello - enjoyed catching up on your blog! You are a busy girl!

Hope you are well.

T
x

11:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home