Saturday, May 20, 2006

A well-earned break

 
I'm off for tea now - here's a little something I prepared earlier. Actually, that's a teensy-weensy bit of a fib. It was last night's tea, but I didn't get round to posting it. Homemade Cauliflower Cheese - mmm - mmm. And I'm talking made -the-cheese-sauce-from-scratch-myself homemade - no c***** bought sauces here, thanks very much. Now, I didn't grind the flour, churn the butter, grow the cauliflower or make the cheese, but I reckon it still counts as good, wholesome food.

I've been slogging away at 'It' since 11.30. Now, I know I had promised to start at 10.30, and I did take an hour for lunch (well, I just had to finish that novel), but I am feeling quite hopeful. That's when I'm not in a flat out panic. But I think I have some structure now. And I have thought of another way of asking pre-schoolers about gender-stability - don't I lead an exciting life. So. I.deserve.a.break.

Before said break,, I need to bake a cake. Banana or lemon?? I'm off to a Buddhist Day Retreat tomorrow, and we are all taking some food (vege, natch). I figured a cake might go down a treat. I'm a bit worried about tomorrow. I'm not very good at the old meditating bit. So far, walking meditation has been the easiest, followed by lying down. Only trouble is, lying down makes one prone to the odd 40 winks. But I will not be able to sit for more than about 15 minutes. Dilemma time. Fall over or fall asleep? Which one would YOU go for?

While you are giving that a thought, here's something to rest your peepers on. The view down from the house from the bottom of the garden. Lovely at this time of year, isn't it? Love those bluebells

1 Comments:

Blogger Twelfthknit said...

'down from the house from the bottom of the garden' ???? if my assignment is as eloquent as this, I'm in trouble...

4:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home