Wednesday, February 27, 2008

There has been knitting

 
First Swiss Knit nearly done - Jolien from Rowan Studio 3. I have used Felted Tweed Jolien and I am very pleased so far (wait until I have treid it on and then I'l see if I am still pleased).

I wasn't sure about the whole 'round the arm' thing - but of course maybe I am getting too old and set in my ways ;0) I also did the collar to about 13 cm instead of 17cm.

Fresh off the back of that, I have started a Debbie Bliss Coastlines pattern in a deep pink. I am not sure how I feel about the Cathay yarn. Again, it seems quite loosely plied and I wonder how it will stand up to general wear and tear.....

Off to tax my bike. That's the push bike, not motor variety.Yep, In der Schweiz one taxes ones bicycle.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colour saturation of the DB Cathay - but in my experience it doesn't wear too well. The loose ply became sort of fuzzy over time and wear if you know what I mean. Not sure I will knit with it again, which is a shame as the colour choices are stunning.
carol

3:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darls,it's not the tax but the insurance that comes with it thats important,it's a liability insurance and covers u i think for up to 1 million:)shuld you decide to bump into another persons car and damage it:) when you're racing downhill:) a measly 6.50 annual premium to pay for a 1mill insurance, not bad a deal IMHO

5:34 pm  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

If you'd seen on my bike today you'd be amazed to think of me zooming anywhere ;0)
India

6:33 pm  
Blogger Flavaknits said...

You have been busy - can't wait to see you model Jolien , have you seen Posh yarns ?
Again , thank you so much for the kind Gift token - I think my book of choice was quite apt! lol It is a great book.

5:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are things with you in your new place? Are you loving the move or missing home? What are you reading/listening to these days? Dang, its been a long time since we've emailed--miss you!

5:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home