Tuesday, October 09, 2007

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

 
Davimack was asking if I'm excited about Zurich. At this particular moment in time I am at bursting point, but not with excitement.

Trying to arrange shipping for 3 cats is not easy - since 9.30am I have been on a rollercoaster, but one which seems to be heading inexorably downwards, doomed to come to a halt amongst the tangled and twisted wreckage of my sanity.

About half an hour ago I thought I was looking at getting the cats to Heathrow. Logistical nightmare. Much 'phoning around, and speaking to a very helpful chap at KLM, has left me with a teeny-weeny bit of hope....

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger David T. Macknet said...

I've concluded that it's all about endurance: the bureaucracy will cave in, eventually, provided you persistently consume their resources (i.e. call-center time). Spend enough time listening to the hold music and they'll fix you up, if only to be rid of you.

7:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you just stick them in the car and drive them there? Thank goodness we had no pets, kids or anything but ourselves and our stuff to move when we did. I hate to think how we would go on if we were to attempt a similar move today. Good luck with finding a solution....

7:43 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh India, it all sounds so difficult, I hope things go as smoothly as possible for you and I am sure you will triumph in the end.

6:39 pm  
Blogger David T. Macknet said...

Could you drive from the UK to Switzerland? I guess you could, huh, through the chunnel? Bizarre. Might cost a fortune, though, at least, more than it would to drive them to London & put them on a plane.

Any resolution, yet?

8:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home