Monday, October 08, 2007

Random entry

 
My mind is all 'go' at the moment and I can't seem to settle to anything. However, we did have a nice weekend, Number Guy and I. We got out and about and saw lots of the Scottish countryside.

And amongst the beautiful scenery on The Isle of Arran we spotted not one, but two, of these rare delights: I have previously only seen one squirrel, on the east coast. Squirrel number 3 was nearly an ex-squirrel - the wee blighter ran right out in from of the car. I didn't hit him/her. It was close. Too close.

In the meantime, when not seeing some sights for what may be the last time (ulp...) I've been working on The Bee Stole. I'm getting a bit jaded, though, so I'm giving it a wee holiday. It's such a lovely stole that I don't want to become sick of it.

I think Ma and Pa will be coming to house sit at some point in the next month - we'll be heading off to Zürich (where else ?) to check out prossible places to live.

In the meantime, I'm trying to motivate myself to do some Gaelic and a bit of German - at the moment all I want to do is laze about.....

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Flavaknits said...

We're going to Center Parcs next week, and the place is positively teeming with the squirrel nutkins!
I just love it . I see you got a Being Nice award over at the I wish I was baking blogspot - congrats!

1:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a family of reds at the bottom of our garden (link here) and no one was more surprised than I to have seen that they'd come to visit us (Northumberland being one of the last strongholds... damn greys). They eat all of the nuts we put out, not letting the birds get a look-in, though we love them really. Especially when they get randy or angry - they tut and click, it's hilarious.

The trip to Zurich sounds wonderful - take lots of photos! I hear it's immaculately clean and very pretty, but that's about all I know. Have a peaceful week!

9:19 pm  
Blogger David T. Macknet said...

I've been keeping an eye out for them, but no luck so far. I'm afraid that it'll have to be somewhere outside of Glasgow, apparently.

Are you getting excited yet? Are you packing?

9:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home