Sunday, November 05, 2006

Not tablet.

 
I don't know what it is, but non-Scots seem to have a problem with tablet. Well, with describing it, anyway. As I screeched gently reminded Mr India when he was on the 'phone to his mum, tablet is most definitely NOT fudge.

If I say so myself, I make great tablet - all thanks to my mum, of course. We only ever use butter - non of that margarine nonsense, thank you very much. And grainy, sugary tablet? Not here. We make sure every single grain of sugar has disolved before it is brought to a rolling boil. And do I need a fancy sugar thermometer? Course not - I just boil it until it has reached the the soft ball stage . Neat, huh?

And here it is, ready to be eaten once it has properly cooled. Going to take some into work tomorrow for my colleagues - hope they like it (or rather, hope they don't and then I'll just have to bring it all back...)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger yvette said...

I have to admit to never having made tablet, I do love it though and so do all my boys. Hope your work colleagues dont eat it all.

5:54 am  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Uh - the tablet looks like vanilla fudge from here...

11:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, im hungry !!


I dont actualy like tablet, to sweet, but the smell when its being made drives me soooooo nuts !


Angela

10:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont not like tablet !! Its just.. I dont eat sweet stuff, no candy, no bics, no choc, just dont like sweet. But that never stops me making tablet !!!

(says she who checked that she still had cans of fussles this afternoon... Your fault !)

7:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home