Sunday, February 10, 2008

3rd time lucky (or it's a felt job)

 
I really like Rowan Felted Tweed. In particular, I really like the Cocoa shade. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the garment I knit it in. Or the one that I knit after I frogged the first one. Since there are only so many times a yarn can be 'recycled', this is make or break. It will turn out great this time or it's heading for a close encounter with a pair of jeans at 60 degrees. The final pattern choice is Jolien . It'll still have the 'big' collar, but I am not so sure about the 'wrap around the upper arm' thing that's going on.

Sewing is also on the horizon. I've just cut out the fabric for a very simple dress (wish I could remember the pattern number - it's Simplicty, but that doesn't help much). Once again I was given a painful reminder about why it's best not to cut out on the floor.I plan to wear this dress with jeans. That should hide a multitude of sins.

Off to do some more unpacking - can you believe it, here for a month and still unpacking....

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger tanita✿davis said...

Oh, I quite like the Lotte pattern.
Haven't bought any yarn in the UK yet -- I guess I'm waiting for summer? And knowing very well I have enough half-started projects to keep me busy without adding more...!

2:48 pm  
Blogger Allegra said...

oh hell, we've been in our house for almost a year and we're not finished unpacking!!

3:46 pm  
Blogger TangledFrog said...

Love Jolien, but agree with you about the wrapped-around-the-arm part. Looking forward to seeing more of your sewing skills in action!

4:30 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

There one month and still unpacking- can I believe it? YOU BET I can believe it! That's NOTHING! x K

7:34 pm  
Blogger yvette said...

Oh, I can believe it, I still have boxes!
Now get to that sewing, I want to see this dress, soon.

6:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Jolien - should be good in felted tweed :0) Good luck !

7:51 pm  
Blogger Flavaknits said...

Just posting a big Thank You - your very kind gift has been used already to purchase something that is quite appropriate! Will post on my blog soon.

7:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh!? Was it kneeling on the scissors or finding a pin you didn't know you'd lost??
Not sure about Jolien either, but Cocoa is gorgeous!

5:37 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think a month and still unpacking is fine, we still have boxes in storage from a 3 moves ago! Obviously there is a good chance by now that we really can live without whatever is in them...

I don't mind the Jolien shoulder thing but the dear husband is unable to not comment on it every time I wear it, it would certainly work fine without the shoulder thing and that shade of felted tweed is lovely.

8:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home