Friday, April 11, 2014

A new top

 
I am  making a very simple top. Burda 6922. It only has three pattern pieces. I decided to go up a size from the one that fits- simply because thee is not much actual difference in the overall width of the garment, but the larger sizes have a dart. Although this is a very simple top I didn't want to feel that I was wearing a bag. I am going to use red bias tape to finish the arms and neckline. As far as I can tell it isn't going to bleed....


If I like this top, I have two more fabrics- one a watercolour-like breezy cotton and another very lightweight in a gorgeous butterfly print.

I am going to use French seams throughout. One of my reasons for making my own clothes is the quality aspect. This might be simple but I want it to be good.

The first fabric is this. From a distance it looks like little randoms splodges but is actually cute bird silhouettes


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home